Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tuesday With Laura




I got to see my new D-I-Love’s (and my son’s but he isn’t there yet) apartment and it was really nice. Just the right size and lots of safety considerations made so I feel better after being there.

I was given a delicious new lip gloss from Mary Kay purchased at a makeover I was supposed to be present for! I ended up coming later with little man.

We had a lovely visit with Braxton and Lily (the new family member… a Lhasa Apso puppy) played. Laura and I visited while getting a delicious lunch prepared. Laura’s mother made homemade macaroni and cheese the night before along with some pork loin and rice.
SO GOOD!

Laura made a very delicious treat and it was special to her. Her grandmother (no longer with her) made it for her mom after school and her mom made it for her. I wanted a picture but didn’t have a camera with me so I’ll take one the next time I make them.

I don’t know what they are called and these sound weird but they are really good!

Spread whipped peanut butter on a saltine cracker and top with a marshmallow. Broil until the marshmallows are browned and flatten with a spoon after taking them out of the oven.

A variation I just told my daughter we should try is spreading the same peanut butter on a graham cracker, sprinkled some chocolate chips over that and adding a marshmallow. Broil the same way. Worth a try!

We got to talk to my son while we were there and it made me so desperately wish he was there right then!

The visit was wonderful. We cleaned up the kitchen and headed out (all of us, including LilyJ) to drive to our house.

We heated up some Maple Pecan bread we brought from Laura’s kitchen … a gift from a family friend. It put one in mind of how Autumn air would taste.

Lauren was home from high school so we all piled back into the suburban and went across town to spend time with my sister and niece. My niece’s husband just left for Basic Training in the Air Force and she was really missing him.

The Lord really blessed us with a beautiful day…

No comments: