Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday Night Wonder

Yesterday was a FULL day, dear ones!
It was Wednesday, the day my DIL and I get together with the grandbabies and eat a lunch and visit with a movie, scrapbooking session or something equally casual. :)
I’ll write that up in a separate post because they get lengthy with my “talkative” (or “write-a-tive? Ha, Ha!) self.

Last night, it was last minute dinner for ten plus a baby. I used the search feature of my computer (falling a bit in love with it, I must say) to find a pizza dough recipe I had in an email folder to try. Found the sauce recipe on my used so often it is ridiculous recipe website: www.allrecipes.com and pulled mozzarella from the freezer. We buy this in big bags at Sam’s and seal up in small Food Saver bags once we get home.

My DIL made sweet tea while taking care of Miss Hailey Hope and even washed my sheets and blanket and re-made my bed! Long story (aren’t so many of them this way around here?) but I put clean ones on the previous night AND the morning of. The reason for all this bed changing?! A wayward beagle who is a run- away rebel and FINDS a way to get my bedding dirty. He was washed by my 15 year old daughter who was pre-occupied at the time and he could have used a spray down at a car wash but whatever. The deal is … my darling dear did the task for me and I appreciated it immensely.

The girls (ours here and a precious friend who “lives” here off and on … smiles) cleaned counters, kept dishes up, peeled and sliced cucumbers, cut up lettuce and threw together dressing for a salad. It all ended up being delicious and fed everyone with left overs!

Quick & Easy Pizza Dough
1 - 1/4 oz packet of yeast
1 - cup warm water
1 - tsp sugar
1 - tsp salt
2 - tablespoons oil (vegt or olive)
2 1/2 - cup all purpose flour
2 - tablespoons cornmeal - optional for sprinkling on cookie sheet

Dissolve yeast in warm water and add sugar. Let yeast sit about 10 minutes (you want it good and foamy). Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. I removed the dough from the bowl and kneaded it until it was no longer sticky. I placed the dough in a greased bowl, turning dough to coat all sides. Allow dough to rest 5 minutes ( I let mine sit 20-30 min) in a bowl with saran wrap or a towel over it. Preheat oven to 425, spread dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal (optional). Top with desired toppings and bake for 20 minutes This makes 1 - 14 inch pizza.

When resting the dough: I covered the dough with saran wrap and a towel. Then I turned on the oven light and put a bowl of hot water underneath the covered pizza dough bowl on the bottom rack of the oven to help it rise faster.(notes from the same one I got the recipe from)
From my files saved off a blog post from: www.mommyskitchen.blogspot.com

Easy Pizza Sauce III


"Quick and easy pizza sauce. No cooking and quick to make."

INGREDIENTS:
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground paprika
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic and paprika.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 9/23/2009

No comments: