Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Easy Burritoes & Dinner Notes


School nights are in full swing now and there are tests to study for, homework assignments to complete and art projects to plan.
Papers have to be signed, bookbags and lunch boxes emptied and re-filled and the beat goes on.

My pre-planned menu had to wait for groceries to be purchased and we finally got our farmer's market list and a good deal of our regular list. Praise God for providing... always, always providing!

Tonight, I didn't have time for one of the recipes I had lined up so I looked through my "main meals" email folder and scooped this one right up.

What a success!
It was easy, quick and delicious. My husband loved it, two teenage girls devoured it and our six year old son had two big servings. There were none left on his plate!
Me? I had to force myself to not overeat but that is another post. Maybe a future posts on diets or self-control or something . . . .

For dessert, I grabbed banana cream pudding from the fridge that I whisked up from a box while the food was cooking. I filled some ramekins half full of pudding, dolloped cool whip on top and grated fresh nutmeg over that. Very TASTY meal :)

Easy Burritos
Added by Beth on July 21, 2009 in Beef, Main Courses

Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes Servings 4 Difficulty Easy

Ingredients
•1 pound Ground Beef
•1 package Flour Tortillas (10")
•1 envelope Taco Seasoning (any Kind)
•1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
•1 can Chopped Chillies (small)
•1 container Sour Cream (8 Oz)
•2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions
Pre heat oven to 350

Prepare ground beef according to taco seasoning packet. Allow to cool for a few minutes.

Heat tortillas for a few minutes in microwave (just enough to soften them and make them easier to work with). Place a scoop of the taco meat in a flour tortilla and fold over so the meat is all inside. Place seam side down in 9×13 baking dish. Repeat until you have them all filled (I usually end up over filling and only using 8).

Mix soup, chillies and sour cream together in a mixing bowl and pour over burritos. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.

From: Pionner's Woman's site: www.tastykitchen.com
www.pioneerwoman.com

No comments: