Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lunch in the midst of activities!


I made this for our lunch on Saturday. Enjoyed immensely by two families! I was BUSY from morning until after midnight with shopping, having company with babies visiting with my DIL and I and our grandtweets:) Later, I had to shower and get dressed for my husband's 25th high school reunion!

The sauce for this was blended and set to simmer while the pasta cooked and I set about getting laundry done and preparing to leave. Very nice plan on a day full of activity.


Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

Ingredients:
1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce
1 cup half-and-half
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
1/8 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. In a large saucepan combine pasta sauce, half and half, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and basil. Simmer over low heat for 45 to 50 minutes; do not boil.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED C 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com
9/12/2009

I added organic fresh spinach cut in thin strips and pressure cooked chicken breasts cut in bite sized pieces.

No comments: