Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sunday Meal & Recipes

Sunday afternoon, Blake got home from church with Braxton and I set about making lunch. Michael and Brandy (oldest son and his precious wife;) were on the way with Caden (my one year old grandson ) and I wanted to have something we could all enjoy. I got a family favorite whipped up and in the oven… Chocolate Pound Cake. It is the one I make each year for Matthew’s (college kid now;) birthday.
I made this in my new Pampered Chef mini bundt pan and LOVED how they turned out! Thanks, Vickilynn for telling us about these outlet specials! (www.realfoodliving.com )

Chocolate Pound Cake III

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water 1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 2/25/2009

I sprinkled powdered sugar over the cooled cakes and they were delicious right then and just as good the next day!

Our meal was something I chose because it was the quickest thing in the new book my mom gave me [ Tex-Mex Recipes] and I had all the ingredients for it. Had NO idea if it would even be worth eating but needed something fast.

My son, Michael took the first bite and he said it was good. He ended up saying it was really good and every person following him said the same thing! TWO entire pans were gone without one bite left. It was so good!

Here it is:
Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas (I doubled every one of the ingredients to make two pans)

2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I made up a pan of chicken breasts in the oven and shredded them with the slicer from my food processor)
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican Cheese blend or cheddar cheese, divided I used 1 ½ cups of sharp cheddar
½ cup Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Dressing (I didn’t have this and read it wrong anyway. I thought it said powder mix and I substituted with Adobe seasoning)
1//4 cup of sour cream (I ended up adding a little more to make it creamy)
2 T. diced green chilis (I used whole can)
4 (9” to 10”) flour tortillas, warmed

Mix together chicken, ¾ cup of cheese, dressing, sour cream and green chiles in medium bowl. Divide evenly down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place, seam side down, in 9-inch baking dish. (I made two 13 X 9 X 2 pans)
Top with remaining ¾ cup of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. This looked a bit dry to us so I drizzled some left over melted butter around the edges and dry places.

Note: (from book) Purchase rotisseries chicken at your favorite store to add great taste and save preparation time.

No comments: