Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homemade Pizza

Easy Pizza dough recipe
From All recipes.com (shared with me by Kim of
http://latviagirl.wordpress.com/ }


1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (sometimes I use a smidge more)
2 cups warm water (110 degrees to 115 degrees)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups all-purpose flour


In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. (I use my food processor) Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
I make this dough in my food processor. I let the machine knead so skip that step because I don't want the dough to be tough. I let mine stand up to 30 minutes. Then roll out and top and bake. You can back the crust alone first if you like a crunchy crust. I like mine more soft and tender, so don't prebake.

To make the bottom of the crust crunchy you can oil the bottom of the pan before putting in the crust, and when it comes out it's golden brown and slightly crunchy. And does not stick to the pan.

Pizza Sauce
Just mixed tomato sauce with Italian seasoning, sautéed garlic, basil and paprika.
We had a nice evening here at home. Today was filled with celebrations and surprises and with those came non-stop activity!


Our DIL came to visit and we had homemade pizza and peanut butter brownies (recipe shared on this blog in the 2008 posts) and watched American Idol. I’m not a fan but with a DIL and a daughter swooning over it, I complied. Smiles.
I’m exhausted and beyond ready for bed so forgive the choppiness of this post!

No comments: