Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Noted from Here & Biscuit Recipe






I have quite a few recipes to share and had planned to write about each meal and who we shared it with. Alas, the days have run in together, I have some scheduled writing on an article I’m working on and it is getting late.

Let me just share that on Friday… I took my darling granddaughter to her first movie at the theater! She is two and it was so much fun. I’m writing a short bit about it later. That was also the day our second washing machine stopped working (we have a front load and a top load --- long story as to how and why) and we had no idea if we’d need a new machine or not.
My niece Kinsey spent the night and she and Braxton played, watched movies, ate snacks, and more.

Saturday, we spent here tidying up things and welcoming in others. Michael, my oldest son and one of his best friend’s came to empty some things in the dumpster. We are paying for one and have finally filled it so they can take it out of my driveway.

A friend came right after that for a referral letter along with some coffee and conversation. We visited at the table until that evening and I saw my son, Brandon online. We had the rare and wonderful opportunity to “talk” online and I was so glad. After that, we left for my parents’ home where my daughter, Lauren, Braxton, and I took Kinsey (they were taking her the other 30 minutes to her mom’s/my sister’s) and ate dinner there.

On the way home, we picked up Emily, my grandgirl so she could spend the night with Nandy. She enjoys going to church with me on Sunday mornings and I am going to see about Wednesday evenings as well since I spend them with her anyway.

Sunday morning ended up with us here instead of at church. It was day number three with no washing machine. No clean towels or clothes to shower with!

I made up a batch of biscuit dough and Emily rolled and cut some herself. She had such a darling time and was occupied with her task all throughout the rest of breakfast preparations.

Here is the recipe we used from “The Encyclopedia of Country Living” by Carla Emery: {one of my favorite books!}

Buttermilk Biscuits
From Ruth Brant, Stayton, OR:
Combine 2 c. flour, 2 t. baking powder, 1 T. sugar, salt to taste, and 1 c. buttermilk. Mix, roll out, cut. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake 12 minutes in a 450-500 F oven.

No comments: