Friday, June 22, 2012

Today's Health

Quick add:

Today, I had a smoothie with:
Coconut milk, low fat vanilla yogurt, a pink lady apple, banana, blueberries, kiwi, orange, orange zest and pineapple.

For lunch:
Kale sauteed in a tablespoon of olive oil with 2 small Vidalia onions until bright green. Then, I added a couple of spoons of water and kept cooking on medium heat. After the kale was tender enough to eat, I added some chopped garlic, sea salt and pepper.

I also made a pot of these grits and stirred in a bit of chopped jalepenos. I ate the greens on the side of the grits and it was a delicious meal!

Kale is supposed to lower your risk of several types of cancer, to detox the body, as an anti-inflammatory help, and an anti-oxidant.

Vidalia onions offer some Vitamin C,  coconut milk provides vitamins, minerals, potassium and more.
To compare the nutrition in the fruits I listed, this Fruit Chart is excellent.
Have a great day!

No comments: