Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 3-5 & Kitchen Talk

I think this blogging class works better NOT sharing that you are doing it with the blog you are writing. Ha Ha. Well, I've already jumped into the white water rapids of it so I'm riding it on down the stream;)

Day 3 was promoting a blog post and I did that by putting a link to Day 2 (write a list post) on twitter.

Day 4 was analyzing a favorite blog in the same general topic as this one. Done.

Day 5 was connecting with a new reader or someone commenting on my page. I don't get a lot of comments so I took the other idea and commented on a blog I get an RSS feed for.

To keep from going entirely off topic for this culinary little cafe (smiles) --- I'll share something food focused.

Last night, two of the Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pies (Paula Deen) I made fed us along with two teens PLUS another family. I love it when that happens:) I also sliced up 3/4th of a bag of peeled potatoes in the food processer. I tossed them in batches in our WOK and they turned out delicious! All I added was salt, pepper, Adobe seasoning and butter with some oil. We like ours with a crispy, crunchy “skin” so I kept tossing them on medium/high heat until they were done.

Another niece stayed over last night (loved it! ) and we watched movies. This morning, we had scrambled eggs with cheese, buttermilk biscuits, and tomato gravy. I drank coffee and they drank hot chocolate with a sprinkle of cinnamon and few chugs of half-n-halfi.
I got some cookbooks at some thrift shop recently and I’m looking forward to trying some of the recipes in those. I’ll share as I try them. . .

No comments: