Sunday, December 2, 2012

Roasted Squash Soup/Stew

I made a very easy and quick soup tonight and it is one I hope to try again because there are so many possibilities for it!

There was a container of oven roasted butternut and other winter squash I had peeled and my D-I-<3 helped me cut into cubes. I sauteed that in a cast iron skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and pat of butter. I added some salt, pepper, fresh garlic and basil.

In a sauce pan, I sauteed some fresh pressed garlic in olive oil before adding vegetable broth. I added a generous amount of squash from my container (not from the skillet) to the broth and gave it a whirl with an immersion blender. When it was smooth, I let it keep simmering until thoroughly heated and then swirled some half n half in it. I served it with a scoop of the sauteed squash in the middle and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. We ate it with some of the whole grain loaves I made four loaves of yesterday (along with two loaves made into garlic parmesan bread sticks) ...

My husband, the kids and I loved it!


No comments: