Thursday, December 6, 2012

A salad dressing I LOVE!


 I've stopped buying salad dressings and have gone back to making my own for better nutrition and flavor. I have liked some and not cared for others but today... I just LOVED the one I made to go over a huge salad I ate for lunch. 
I make changes as I have learned to do with ingredients and so on and they are in parenthesis) 

Bob's Salad Dressing

INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup tahini
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/4 cup tamari (I used Bragg's Liquid Aminoes)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon mayonnaise (sour cream instead)
salt and pepper to taste (also added a clove of garlic) 
DIRECTIONS:
1.    In a blender, combine olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, nutritional yeast, tamari, honey, oregano, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until smooth and serve over salad.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/6/2012

I might eat this every day! 

No comments: