Saturday, December 1, 2012

Making it my own Banana Bread

I made a loaf of this last night and we finished it off today. Delicious! The only changes I made were:
I had no buttermilk so I used some strawberry kefir and half and half. I used 1/2 cup of olive oil instead of vegetable oil and 1 1/2 cups of loosely packed brown sugar instead of white. I also added cloves I ground previously, some cinnamon and a generous sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg. Everything else was the same.

Best Ever Banana Bread
 
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: Rose
Photo By: NINJETTE
Servings: 12

"Buttermilk is the secret ingredient in this moist, nutty loaf. This bread freezes well."
INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
2.Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
3.Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
4.Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 12/1/2012

No comments: