Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick Catch Up


Forgive my hurry!
If this isn’t worded precisely enough, I can blame my exhaustion. Long story.


Anyway, in my effort to keep up with my goal of recording as much as I can of what we prepare and eat around here, I’m adding as time allows. This means there will be times like now when I just share a “mixed bag” of recipes or food descriptions of what I can remember making lately.


Okay. Tonight, we had cheddar pizza and one part of it had sautéed julienned carrots. We also threw a pan of chicken breasts into the oven so they will be baked for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner.


For the pizza sauce, I just mixed some oregano, garlic powder, smoky paprika, and onion salt into tomato sauce. For the crust, I used a recipe from
www.allrecipes.com :

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
Yields: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 (.25 ounce) package active
dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour (I used all-purpose)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/2/2008

This crust was very easy and one of the softest and loveliest I’ve ever made. There wasn’t the texture I prefer but it was a great choice for a busy night.


We’ve made a few more batches of the Oatmeal Cookies using the recipe from the Quaker Oatmeal lid and adding chopped chocolate.


Things have been so busy around here and we were in FLORIDA (left on Wednesday and got back early Monday morning) so I don’t recall the rest. I was working on Nano Wrimo three weeks in November so I didn’t have time for much other typing!

No comments: