Monday, September 22, 2008

Brown Rice Pudding


Today was a baking and making day.

I got two loaves of whole grain bread done and they were my first (or maybe second?) try at soaking the grains first. I'll have to work on this method because mine tasted too much like soured milk!


I soaked my brown basmati rice in some water and buttermik and it turned out as beautifully as any I've ever made. Actually, the directions on the container are more accurate time wise because this particular rice only takes 25 minutes instead of the usual 45.


The rest of my baking/cooking today was:


* Oatmeal soaked from the night before.

* Oven roasted squash and zuchinni baked up in whole grain egg noodles with sharp cheddar cheese.

* Muffins

* Stove top brown rice pudding


All in all, a productive day.


Brown Rice Pudding


1 cup of brown basmati rice (this wasn't NEARLY enough for a thick and creamy pudding so I added two cups)

6 T. brown sugar

6 T. butter

1/2 t. cinnamon (I used a whole teaspoon)

1/2 cup of raisins (I used golden)

1 1/2 cups of whole milk


Heat until hot all the way through and of desired thickness. This was good!


No comments: