Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First post of Fall

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken breast (made in the pressure cooker last night) pulled from the bone, de-skinned and sliced. Sauteed in a cast iron with freshly sliced portabella mushrooms and a drizzle of olive oil, shake of pink Himalayan salt and ground peppercorns. This went into a serving dish and I sauteed some chopped garlic (my 10 year old son loves this chore ;) and let it heat up until fragrant and added to the chicken and mushrooms.

We are also having broccoli after I finish dunking it in some boiling water for a couple of minutes and then giving a few stirs in the same skillet I made everything else. This will be served with toasted tri-colored couscous and baby spinach leaves. I might grate some Parmesan or really sharp cheddar cheese over the top and serve with pan seared, whole grain bread.

It feels good to be back in the kitchen! I mean, I've been in the kitchen almost constantly but everything has been such a blur of activity and rushing from one thing to the next. I love it when I can bring something together and experience it more than just flinging it from pan to plate.

My husband made very fattening smoothies with eggnog, nutmeg and bananas so it is a good thing we are all hopping back to healthy tomorrow!

No comments: