Saturday, September 22, 2012

Smoothies & Such

Daily Smoothies!

I have been keeping up with having a green smoothie or at least some type of healthy smoothie every single day for weeks now. I can tell SUCH a difference adding these to my diet.

Here are two of the latest:
(From: The Green Smoothie Bible by Kristine Miles)

This was under a section of Autumn Smoothies -

I cut the recipe in half so I halved each of the ingredients except the spices and I just added those to taste.
I will share the amounts listed in the book so you can choose to make 2 as is or half for one.

3 pears
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
1 inch fresh ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond milk

The next was under this section - Recipes for blood sugar maintenance.

1 small banana
1 apple (I used a Pink Lady)
1 pear
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

So good! I am juicing, drinking smoothies, building my water intake back to what it should be, getting back to my organic apple cider vinegar tonics, exercising more and working on making an all over healthier diet. I'm going for the 80/20 rule where I am doing the very best I can for 80% of the time and the other 20% ... I am just trying to not let get out of control!


No comments: