Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Almost Summer Smoothie

There is a paper … well, there are papers… around this house somewhere with a scribbled array of smoothie recipes I’ve been making, drinking and serving. When I find them (if they didn’t get thrown away in one of the almost rare instances someone cleans around here), I will share.

 

For now, I can remember the last one I made and it was refreshing and nourishing.

 

Summer is on the way Smoothie

 

1 cup of coconut water

1 cup of frozen strawberries (we picked them ourselves!)

1 apple

2 teaspoons local, raw honey

 

Delicious!

 

My daughter has been preparing all of our dinners and they have been so tasty.  She has made up her own recipes so sharing might be hard but I’ll see if I can get her to stop long enough to share. She is graduating from high school in a few days and I almost cannot believe it. The time has flown and I will cry more than I can stand if I don’t switch subjects. I typed too long so she isn’t in here to ask anymore. I will try to get the dish notes for you soon.

 

I saw a youtube video recently where someone showed how to make carrot juice using a Blendtec. I am SO trying that. It is a few carrots, some water, a piece of ginger and maybe one or two other things.

I would be more clear but I have yet to add speakers to this computer so I haven’t actually heard the video. . . smiles.

 

No comments: