Friday, January 13, 2012

Hot Cocoa Mix

My mom told me about this hot cocoa mix and when we ran out of the packets
my husband bought awhile back, I made a few cups and filled a quart sized
mason jar with the rest. I did whirl the first three ingredients together in
my food processor to make it more creamy and it might have changed the
amount needed or strength of taste. My 16 year old daughter loved it exactly
like it was but we both added powdered creamer and half n half.
I haven't used powdered creamer in literal years but my sister left a whole
container of it here so we have been using it here and there.
Anyway, here is our recent hot chocolate and I will share more on how we are
using this after Christmas. Smile.
A teeny note: Right before serving and after all stirring is done, I
sprinkle cinnamon on the top of all the hot cocoa cups!
Love,
Sandy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The superiority of chocolate (hot chocolate), both for health and
nourishment, will soon give it the same preference over tea and coffee in
America which it has in Spain..."
Thomas Jefferson (1785) in a Letter to John Adams
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hot Cocoa
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Serves:
5 1/2 cups dry mix
Ingredients
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
* 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
* Hot water
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. In a small
pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of water.
Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water. Stir to
combine. Seal the rest in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the
pantry. This also works great with warm milk.
C 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved

No comments: