Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Meals During NanoWrimo!

My posting might be zig zagged this month and many meals and/or recipes might not be posted but I’ll make an effort to keep up to some extent.

I’m focused on writing 50,000 words in this month and I’ve signed up to do this six straight years now (this being the 6th) and never managed it.
Hoping to change it this year and make writing a stronger priority in my life.
ANYway, that all JUST to explain the infrequent meal sharings and posting!

Last night was a very simple dinner since we had to make an unexpected trip an hour away during the day, h ad company come over last night, and trying to keep from stressing over the election.

The meat I set out didn’t thaw (even though it had been in the fridge for two days) and I was going through cookbooks for something to throw together. My husband, who sees it as being very strange to look through a cookbook for something to throw together… is the KING of throwing things together. He went in while I was deeply diving through my cookbook (the one I made our menu plan with and promptly misplaced when we rearranged rooms) … HE was in the kitchen making DINNER!

I was very glad and didn’t help other than to make the green peas he cooked into a dish I got the recipe from allrecipes.com for. It was a great meal at the table and I believe gathering there together makes any meal nicer.

Tilapia Fish Sandwiches – Oven baked tilapia seasoned with various things from the spice cabinet (sorry, but he gets kind of wild with the spices and never has a clue what goes where so I can’t be more specific) and some of us added a thin slice of cheese. We ate these on toasted buns.
Corn --- from freezer to stove top.
Peas --- turned out okay.

Cream Peas
Yields: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups frozen green peas,
thawed
2/3 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine peas, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then stir in butter.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cream, flour, and sugar. Stir mixture into peas. Cook over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/4/2008

Sometime after dinner, we had those marshmallow/peanut butter/cracker under the broiler things I wrote about previously. Right from my Daughter-in-Love.

[www.nanowrimo.org]

No comments: