Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing, loaves of bread hot from the oven, soups simmering on the stove, and baked dishes radiating heat from the oven to cover the kitchen; glimpses from my kitchen!
Since I last wrote, we have been our regular flurry of activity. Kids home from school, college kid home for a few more days (sugar sweet:) and visiting with our grown and on their own. Grandbabies weaved in and out of all this busyness and shared meals at the table... these are a few of our favorite (and recent) things!
A quick additional list of what we've eaten and prepared since my last posts:
* Lauren's first homemade peach pie using purchased, rolled out crust with a lattice top.
* Egg sandwiches with a variety of breads, cheeses and seasonings and with fresh garlic rubbed on the pan seared bread slices.
* Spaghetti and garlic bread.
* Warm vanilla milk (a pot or cup at a time).
* Hot chocolate with cream and peppermint or cream and topped with cinnamon and nutmeg.
* Broccoli soup.
Goodness, there were so many things I had hoped to add but they have all scattered themselves into quiet corners. Recalling them might take some time so I will just scoot them out to you as I drag them out.
Hoping all is well in your kitchens and that the Lord's provisions are beautiful meals and nourishment to offer loved ones and any God sends your way!