Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Dinner/Wednesday Lunch

Feta Cheese & Tomato Chicken Breasts
Parmesan crusted zucchini
Lima beans
Buttered Egg noodles


Nana & Papa invited us for a weekday dinner last Tuesday and it was so delicious I decided to share it:)

While Papa let the children play outside, Nana pulled together the meal she got ready before we arrived.

Pots simmered on the stove top, steaming pans were pulled from the oven, and freshly made tea was poured into glasses.

The meal was so, so, SO delicious that it was hard to not over eat! Papa said the zucchini was the best he had ever eaten and after one bite into ours... we all agreed!


At the end of the meal, Nana sent home everything we didn't eat so I would have an easy meal for the next day. I spend Wednesday's as previously shared with my DIL and grandchildren so we can stay closely connected. We always share lunch and some type of activity ... even if it is just visiting and listening to the kids.

This one meal actually served as an evening snack for my daughter and husband the same night we ate it AND made the most delightful next day lunch!

I cut the chicken in bite sized pieces and did the same with the zucchini. I had an edge of parmesan cheese left so I shredded that and heated the egg noodles.

The feta chicken with tomatoes, zucchini, and egg noodles were heated on the stove top and at the last minute, I tossed in the shredded parmesan.
This was mouth watering good! We really look forward to enjoying this one again!

The feta chicken recipe is on the back of the feta cheese container my mom and I get from Sam's. I don't have it but I think I've shared it before... I will look for it or get it from her if needed.

I just recall placing the chicken breasts in a greased, oven safe dish. Sliced tomatoes and feta cheese go over and I think it is just salt and pepper and maybe some basil or Italian seasoning.

The zucchini was sliced length ways and put on an oiled baking sheet. Salt and pepper is added, olive oil drizzled and then shaker styled parmesan sprinkled generously over. Oven roasted at 400 or so until it looks to desired doneness.

Great summer meal!

No comments: