Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Food Finds and "Fixings"

I pulled out cookbooks the other day to "dream plan" for when the food budget is more luxurious than of late:)

I just grabbed the quickest to reach from my cookbook shelves and ended up flipping through,
Saving Dinner and Crazy for Casseroles. What delicous ideas lined and landed in those books.

Meanwhile, I did another inventory of my pantry shelves, refrigerator and freezer, and kitchen supplies. I will share any creativity I am blessed to receive!

Here are some of the nutrititous basics I will be preparing:

Jars of dried beans {black beans, kidney beans, navy beans, white beans, lima beans and pinto beans}

A jar of potato flakes ... gift for my daughter from her Nana.

  • Jar of brown rice
  • spiral pasta
  • elbow pasta
  • angel hair pasta
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen brocolli
  • cucumbers,
  • Romaine lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • bread
I also have some basic baking ingredients so I'm looking forward to seeing what we come up with. I will try to take pictures before it is eaten... not easy to do around this filled with people little house!

No comments: